// The Ace is our dedicated freestyle sail
The key strength of the Ace is its ability to go from completely neutral to full power in an instant. The tight leach allows you to effortlessly duck the sail through the wind into a back winded position. The Ace features a lightweight panel layout that makes the handling a breeze. The high cut foot allows the sail to move around your body position without throwing you off balance and this combined with the Dacron panel along the luff will provide you with instantaneous power to direct into your moves. The Kevlar Stretch Control System keeps the draft in place as well as making the sail more durable.
The fourth generation of Ace features a mostly monofilm construction that we’ve found to give a more direct feeling and provide a more effective power delivery. We’ve also fine tuned the aspect ratio with slight adjustments to the mast and boom lengths that has further improved the balance between low end power and high end control, allowing you to get on your smaller sizes earlier and stay on them for longer if the wind picks up.
* Please note that the blue x-ply/q-ply/dacron in photo/video is of a different grade of blue than available. The blue 2020 production color is petrol blue.
- High cut foot.
- Dacron panel alongside the luff. Large main window to increase lift.
- Even power distribution for a balanced and stable feel.
- Lightweight build with reinforcements in the key areas.
- Shorter boom lengths to improve handling and speed through rotations.
2020 ACE from Simmer Style on Vimeo.