Introducing FOILING FLIGHT SCHOOL-
(Masts pair exclusively with Slingshot's Hover Glide foil)
Complete package of 3
This industry-first program suddenly makes learning to foil as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Foiling Flight School is a simple do-it-yourself learning tool consisting of three separate masts of incremental lengths- 15” (38cm), 24” (61cm) and 30” (76cm). Choose individual sizes or as a package. Foiling Flight School is designed to work exclusively with our complete Hover Glide foil, which comes stock with a 35.5” (90cm) mast.
- Learn to properly handle your foil board on and off the water.
• TAXI your board and a lock in on the feeling the first day.
• Insure safety and confidence each step of the way.
• Learn TOUCH AND GOES with ease and control.
• Put it all together in SOLO mode and start experiencing flight.
• No Fear, No Stress.
• Learn at your own pace.
• Added Value: Optimize your foil mast length based on local conditions.
Hover Glide with 15” mast= 9.8 lbs.
Hover Glide with 24” mast = 10.2 lbs
Hover Glide with 30” mast = 10.8 lbs
Step 1: Taxi Stage, 15 inch (38cm) mast
- Getting a feel for how your foil behaves is much easier, and safer, with a shorter and more manageable mast. Step 1 of Foiling Flight School is called the Taxi Stage, as in an airplane taxiing around a runway. Staring with the 15-inch mast will help you master the basic foiling skills, like how to properly carry your foil, how to swim and body drag with it, how to get it in position to water start and how to get it under your feet and moving through the water. With a shorter mast, you’ll learn these basic steps much easier and safer than if you were struggling with a full-size foil. Once you’re able to taxi back and forth on your board and can ride short distances out of the water using the foil, you’ll be ready for Step 2. Step 2: Touch and Go Stage, 24 inch (61cm) mast
- The 24-inch mast is an invaluable tool in accomplishing your first controlled foil rides. As you rise and fall off of the water, you will begin to foil longer in between. You will appreciate the easier handling a shorter mast provides and will be amazed at how quickly you get the hang of the differences in balance and kite control that foiling demands. You’ll soon fall in love with the feeling of gliding smoothly and silently over the water. Once you’re getting extended and controlled rides without touching down, you’ll be ready for Step 3 and the 30-inch mast. Step 3: Solo Stage, 30 inch (76cm) mast
- After working your way up to the 30-inch mast, you’ll truly appreciate the Foiling Flight School program and the easy progression it provided. You’ll know how to get the foil into position, get up properly, balance your center of gravity and will be accomplishing longer and longer rides. You’ll begin to gain the understanding of carving upwind, cruising downwind and controlling speed and power needed to be a proficient foiler. At this point you’ll be hooked on foiling, and best of all you will have skipped much of the frustrating and often painful process many endure in learning everything on a full-sized setup. ADDED VALUE: The 24 and 30-inch masts are also good long-term options for kiters who frequent shallow water and want a little extra room between their foil and the ground.